Neutral colors, bold lighting and a great deal of natural light give these kitchens looks that readers couldn’t get enough of in 2012. These spaces were all about the details, and ers saved these photographs to keep in mind each the little items: special trim, antiqued cabinetry finishes, ceiling tiles and organizational fixes.
Watch the hottest kitchen pictures of 2012 based on the amount of times they’ve been inserted to ideabooks, and you might find what your kitchen needs from 2013.
Carolina Design Associates
1. Eye-catching copper and gray. Traditional copper lanterns set over a marble-topped kitchen island add an unexpected touch to this kitchen. readers also noticed the gorgeous trimwork and calming green-gray wall colour when saving this hot kitchen photograph to their ideabooks.
Jane Kelly, Kitchen and Bath Designer
2. Conventional tin tile and white. This distinctive tin-lined ceiling caught the eye of users who wanted a conventional twist inside their kitchen. The combination of contemporary fixtures and traditional tin tiles might have been the initial draw, but the special blower design and dual island are just as inspirational.
LLC, huestis Tucker Architects
3. Arched kitchen entryway. Open, clean and filled with light, this kitchen features large windows and a terrace view that created ers fall in love with it. The arched entryway specifically has been a subtle touch which made all the difference.
4. Perfect pan organization. Specialized organization made headway on this year, particularly in the kitchen. This smart use of a deep drawer is the best solution for those pesky baking sheets and pans.
5. Convenient storage for stovetop tools. ers also adored this wise solution to loose utensils and tools. A couple of container tucked neatly into a drawer keep things handy and clean.
6. Dreamy kitchen window seat. This big window seat in soft grays and blues adds a dreamy, relaxing touch with this clean and warm kitchen. The built-in adds extra seating space without taking up a lot of square footage.
Harry Braswell Inc..
7. Updated breakfast nook. Another draw on the conventional breakfast nook, this diner-style stall is great for casual and quick mealtimes. The modern upholstery ties in with the area’s modern light fixtures and vinyl bar stools.
8. Antiqued cabinets, conventional lighting. Bold but traditional island light created this kitchen particularly noteworthy. ers also adored the antiqued cabinet glaze, contrasting green walls and warm granite counters.
9. Spacious and bright at Massachusetts. Another instance with big over-island light, this spacious kitchen combines several layout styles. Wide-plank floors, cane bar stools and Calacatta countertops mix modern, traditional and modern elements together effortlessly.
10. Superior skylight. A magnificent skylight takes the location of any bold lighting fixtures within this kitchen. Combined with a crisp colour palette, the organic light brightens the entire area, regardless of the dark flooring and countertops.
More kitchen styles:
Look all kitchen photographs